When searching for radiant skin, we often gravitate towards multi-ingredient creams and moisturizers, however, Mother Nature has simpler beneficial options up her sleeve. Several naturally-derived oils can support our skin. These oils offer benefits for a variety of skin types, from balancing oily skin to moisturizing dry skin. Let’s dive in to explore the benefits of popular healthy oils for skin, their properties, and discover which skin types they are best for:
Originally native to the arid regions of the Americas, jojoba oil is extracted from the seeds of the plant. Jojoba oil provides a similar feel to human sebum, which is produced naturally by our skin. Because jojoba oil regulates sebum production, it is a great balancer, suitable for all skin types.
- Moisturizing: Jojoba oil penetrates deep into the skin, providing hydration without clogging your pores.
- Non-comedogenic: Perfect for acne-prone, oily skin, as it reduces excess oil without causing breakouts.
- Anti-inflammatory: Considered beneficial for eczema and rosacea due to its soothing effects on sensitive and irritated skin.
Sweet Almond Oil
For centuries, sweet almond oil has been used to nourish the body. The emollient properties of sweet almond oil soften and soothe the skin because of its high vitamin E and A concentration, as well as its essential fatty acid content.
- Moisturizing: Due to its emollient properties, it is especially suitable for dry and dehydrated skin types.
- Improves complexion: Regular use of sweet almond oil can improve skin tone and glow.
- Relieves irritation: This remedy has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to relieve mild psoriasis and eczema symptoms.
The oil, derived from rosehip seeds, contains antioxidants and essential fatty acids, as well as Vitamin C and A.
- Regenerative: Rosehip oil stimulates collagen production, helping to combat scarring and fine lines on the skin.
- Brightening: With its high vitamin C content, it helps even out the skin’s tone and adds a healthy glow to the skin.
- Non-greasy: Rosehip oil is mild and easily absorbed, making it a great option for most skin types!
Argan oil is known for its cosmetic attributes, and is extracted from the kernels of the argan tree found in Morocco.
- Moisturizing: Due to its hydration properties, argan oil is helpful for mature and dry skin.
- Anti-aging: It contains a high amount of vitamin E and antioxidants that combat free radicals and reduce signs of aging.
- Soothing: It relieves irritated, sensitive skin by inhibiting inflammation.
Your skincare routine can be enhanced by the addition of healthy oils, which can provide benefits such as hydration, nourishment, rejuvenation, and protection. Consistency and moderation are key when using these oils! And what works for one person may not work for another; we all have unique skin needs. Before applying a new oil to your face, remember to consult with a dermatologist, if you have specific skin concerns.