It’s Summer time and the farmer’s markets are brimming with a bounty of produce. It’s the perfect time of year to start thinking salads again and one of our favorites is a simple arugula and strawberry salad. It looks pretty on the plate and the juxtaposition of sweet and peppery will make your taste buds very happy. Since it’s a very casual recipe, quantities are not specific, go with what looks right, you can’t go wrong.
- Fresh arugula leaves – washed
- Fresh strawberries – washed, hulled and cut into quarters or halves
- Extra virgin olive oil – about ½ to 1 Tablespoon
- Balsamic vinegar – about ½ to 1 Tablespoon
- Pinch sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- A little goat cheese – crumbled
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Organic cooked edamame or lightly roasted walnuts
Toss together in a salad bowl and enjoy!