Everyone one is busy and squeezing in food prep can be hard. Planning out your week and having good food on hand makes it much easier to choose healthier meals on a regular basis – but I know you are thinking “That’s easier said than done.” Learning a few simple sheet pan recipes can make a big difference. They are easy to put together with your favorite proteins and veggies, no real recipe required.
- Get to the healthiest grocery you have access to or a get to a farmers market if you can.
- Pick out your favorite protein – eggs, fish, poultry, lamb, beef.
- Pick out the best looking vegetables – onions, broccoli, sweet potato, green beans, cauliflower, asparagus (almost in season!), tomatoes, garlic, peppers. Seriously, whatever you want.
- Heat the oven, prep the protein, cut the veggies and put them on a sheet pan. Coat everything with a really nice olive oil, salt, pepper, and your favorite spices.
- Bake. As a general rule, heat the oven to ~400 degrees and cook for as long as your protein needs. If your protein takes less time than the veggies (fish for example), put the veggies in first for 15-20 minutes, then add the protein and put the sheet back until everything if finished.
- Use throughout the week! Have a healthy warm dinner when you first make the recipe. The next day you can add the proteins and veggies on top of cauliflower rice for a quick dinner. Put them on top of fresh salad greens, add avocado, dressing for a healthy salad. Combine them with bone broth for a filling soup. Get creative!
If you need some inspiration, check out 20 Easy Sheet-Pan Dinners That Are on Your Paleo Diet.