With so many stressors in the world and now navigating the holidays during the pandemic, we need some self-care. That might sound out of reach – who has the time and money to make “self-care” happen right now? But there’s a simple and inexpensive way to get self-care tonight – an epsom salt bath!
Epsom salts are easy to find at a drug store or grocery store. They aren’t fancy and they’re inexpensive. Epsom salts dissolve quickly in water and the magnesium is absorbed through the skin which is great for aches and pains and can help you sleep.
How to Draw a Relaxing Epsom Salt Bath
- Get the temperature right and start filling the tub with water
- Add 2 cups of Epsom Salts and swirl to dissolve
You can make your bath even more enjoyable with some add-ins that you probably have around the house.
- Essential oils – add your favorite calming scents for a delicious smell and added benefits
- Baking soda – gives the bath a silky feeling and is great for your winter skin
- Tea bags – green, black, or herbal can add anti-inflammatory, relaxing, and calming benefits
Make a bath part of your evening routine! It is relaxing, addresses your aches and pains, and sets you up for a good night’s sleep (which we know is essential to your immune health, especially important now with COVID-19!).